Friday, November 7, 2008

chocolate chip pumpkin bread



As per Melinda's request I'm posting my recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin bread. I'd like to thank the lovely Kristen Farlow for introducing this yummy bread to our Bible study group at Multnomah. Also, big thanks to Kristy Parker for introducing us all to Cafe de Vita mochas (find the big can at Costco). Thanks to you ladies my workouts double whenever I enjoy this choctacular duo!


3 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 c. canned pumpkin
1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
bag of chocolate chips

Combine the wet ingredients, then add in the dry. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes. You may want to put foil over the top during the last 1/2 hour. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

yeah, I hear you...I was in that same group as you! I love that recipe. Hm...I think I need to make some...

Miss you!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

I'll try again...Thanks, Jen! Looking forward to this Fall-flavored concoction, and then I'll have to go to the gym for an extra energetic workout!!!