Wednesday, August 25, 2010

once upon a time...



I was a blogger. I enjoyed spilling silly stories and cute pictures to family, friends and the general public through this blog. But as time went on, several things happened. We started homeschooling...
(Box Day, 2010. Cameron's kindergarten books and Jason's 3rd grade books arrive and the kids have a blast looking through them all.)

And we had a third child who quickly grew from infant to toddler.
(Hayden in her swimsuit, ready to try out the slip n slide.)

I know that it has been 2 years now since we started homeschooling and Hayden will be 2 in December, so it is silly to use these excuses now. But the fact of the matter is that I just don't get around to blogging much anymore because the house is in a general state of chaos from sun up to sun down. And to be honest, we're having too much fun around here to document it all on the blog!

So just because I have a quiet moment I'll give a few updates:

Jason is 8 years old and still a Lego maniac. He is busy on a daily basis creating new vehicles and dreaming up inventions. He has a blast playing with his buddy across the street, Jacob, and the 2 of them have had many sleepovers this summer. He is quite skilled at playing air guitar and drums in the backseat of the car and can be heard singing in his room when he thinks no one's listening. (Shhhhh!)

Cameron is 4 years old and very expressive. That's my simple way of saying she is dramatic, stubborn, difficult, silly, loud, funny and a constant roller coaster. The other day she was having a difficult time obeying instructions and she looked at me and exclaimed, "Mom, I'm just frazzled!" Yeah, me too Cam. She also informed me the other day, "I think I'm interested in Hannah Montana." Heaven help us, I think that's the last thing we need. I politely informed her that I would look into that to see if it was appropriate for her. She seemed to think that was acceptable. Cam loves to play with her little sister, especially wrestle her and she loves to play with her big brother, especially, you guessed it... wrestling! Cameron is imaginative and I can often find her hidden away in her room creating zoos or schools or princess boot camps.

And of course, Hayden. Hayden has swiftly moved into the role of Household Destroyer. She works like a little ninja, deftly undoing everything I do throughout the day. Need your clean laundry unfolded and strewn about the living room? Hayden's your girl! Need every toy in big sis's room removed and brought out to the living room? Hayden's on it! At the end of the day though, she is the best snuggler, giggler and tickler we have and we all love her!


3 comments:

Justice and Ashley Jones said...

We hear where you're coming from... 2-3 updates a year will be fine! Good Job with the little ninja's!

Melinda said...

Yay! A new blog entry! You still got it, Jen, and thanks for sharing the updates. Great pics! BTW, have fun at LEGOLAND!!

Sallie said...

I love the pink cowgirl hat with the pluggie! That's our Hayden!