Friday, January 16, 2009

CPSIA

UGH! Have you heard about this? I just received my t-shirt from The Happy Tomato which I won in a contest. The owner/creator/artist, Stacia, wrote me a personal note to let me know that she may be unable to sell children's clothing due to this new law. I have been reading other crafter's websites that detail how this new law would affect their pricing. Imagine trying to buy a handmade burp cloth for $300?! The gist is that because of the lead scares now all children's products are subject to mandatory lead testing which is very expensive! The link above is from the company I use for homeschool history kits. We love these projects and now this company is on the brink of shutting down due to new regulation. This could affect so many people and businesses, including second hand stores and libraries. Want more info? Here's a link to a CNN article.

No comments: