Monday, February 4, 2008

projects



Hey everybody! I just wanted to post a few of my latest projects. First up are these fabric pinwheels. I saw the idea on Chickpea Sewing Studio. She made these for a baby mobile but I adapted them to make giant magnets for my fridge. Next I made another felt banner (see giving thanks post) for Valentine's Day. I figured I could crank out the 6 letters of "be mine" faster than "happy Valentine's Day" and actually have it up for a few weeks. Today I trying out Martha's coffee cake (although my favorite recipe is from The Center for Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Portland. I'll let you know how Martha stacks up. We're getting ready for a snow day tomorrow. We're loading up the motorhome with gear and food for one day in the snow ... so you know what that means.... I'm packing more than we'll ever need. I'll post pics from tomorrow by the end of the week... if we survive....

2 comments:

Jen said...

The results are in: Martha's coffee cake was unremarkable. Her crumb topping lacked enough brown sugar and cinnamon to wow me, however the cake was nice and moist. I will have to combine my recipes to make this cake and another crumb topping. Martha, how could you fall so short?

Hilary said...

Your banner is super cute! So are the pinwheels.
I enjoy seeing your projects. Thanks for sharing!