Tuesday, February 19, 2008

what did i do?



I cannot believe I did this! On Sunday night we were giving the kids a bath and as I was combing out Cameron's long, tangly hair afterward I realized she was strangely still and interested in the q-tips on the counter. I called out to Darren to bring the scissors and the camera because this was my moment-- I was going to cut her hair! I had known for some time that I would have to be the one to do this because she doesn't let just anybody touch her (good girl!) and somehow I would have to be quick because she wouldn't give me much time. My friend had told me her only advice was "be quick!" because that's how she was able to cut her daughter's hair. Why is it so scary to make the first cut? It's just hair, it will grow back! Anyway, I think it's pretty cute, and it's not so tangly anymore!

4 comments:

Sallie said...

It looks adorable. Good job Mommy!

Mom

Hilary said...

Yes, good job! I have to cut brady's hair quickly as well as bend left and right, and turn and go forwards and backwards: the kid won't hold still. each hair cut is an adventure!

As of yet, Hope has had only one trim to her hair to cut off her rat's tail! Her hair has been growing so SLOW, so her next cut will be awhile. anyway.

Miss you!

Jeff said...

Good job Cameron!

Kadin always yells "ouch" and says the haircut hurts his hair...

Hilary said...

hey...off the topic but you need to check out my freewebs website! I posted a picture just for you!