Wednesday, July 30, 2008

fair fun






Yesterday I took the kids to the Mid-State Fair. We invited my parents along so that Jason could have a buddy on some of the rides. Since I'm pregnant I'm not allowed on the rides (nor do I WANT to go on the rides....). We started out at the bus stop, waiting for the school bus. Again, this seems to be a huge highlight of the day for the kids and a very uncomfortable trip down memory lane for the adults! We started our fair adventure by hunting for a friend's pig and eventually found her (the pig, not the friend). Cameron refused to go near the pigs so my dad took Jason in to tour the stalls and they were part of a runaway pig incident (not the cause, just bystanders). We plundered the Cal Fire table and got bags of fire related stickers, coloring books and other stuff for the kids. Then we were off down the midway to go to the carnival. Our first stop was the carousel because both kids love the horses. Cameron would yell "Hi Nanny and Da!" every time we passed by them. She was smiling the whole ride. Next Jason invited Nanny on the Ferris Wheel with him and they enjoyed views of the entire fairground. Then Jason headed to the giant slide where he braved crazy heights and slid solo down the longest bumpy slide ever! He also took a few turns at the obstacle course and rode on Dumbo. We walked over to the Zoo to You presentation and watched the animals, it was here that Jason also had a pony ride. After the show we caught the mini train back to our bus stop and headed home. They nearly fell asleep on the bus ride home, but Jason did his best to stay perky because Tuesday nights we let him stay up late to watch "Wipeout". He LOVES that show! My parents graciously stayed with the kids that night so that Darren and I could go back to the fair for the Matchbox 20 concert. We met up with some friends and watched the show from the top of another friend's gelato stand (if you see Colossal Gelato at your local fair, buy some gelato.... it's really good and these are really nice people!). It was nice to finally take off my shoes at the end of the day and let my marshmellow toes out of their captivity....

2 comments:

Sallie said...

This was my BEST DAY EVER at the Fair! Thanks Jason, Cameron and Jen for a great time (Pops, too!)! I especially enjoyed the Ferris Wheel - it reminded me of the London Eye.

Love, Nanny

imjustaphoneguy said...

We were there last night too. That big slide has probably scarred Garrett for life.