Friday, December 5, 2008

bedrest crafting


When I was a teenager I remember blowing off the whole "it's the thought that counts" concept and dreaded opening presents from distant relatives. I instead appreciated the folks who took the time to write a check or buy a gift card. Messed up, I know... but I was a teenager! It's the age of me-ism... I got over it. So now when we have teens and pre-teens on our Christmas list I don't have any problem with giving gift cards. I know that I have no clue as to their interests and I don't want to pretend to know what they'd like. Maybe I'm giving up too easily or maybe I'm just realistic. Either way, I like to dress up the gift card just a bit. Here are the felt holders I made this year. Two down and two to go... it's ok, I have a lot of time on my hands!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

These are adorable. Love them. If I give any gift cards this year, I just might copy your idea (and adapt to the recipient).

Make sure you stay in bed! No cheating just because you feel good, sistah. There. Ok. Had to say it. I would come visit you if I lived closer. :-)

Melinda said...

I was wondering how you were doing on bedrest, Jen, and figured reading your blog would keep me up-to-date. Glad you have some downtime and you are learning what is acceptable and what is not. Enjoy the Zingers and Hot Chocolate and the wonderful reminders that you have a fabulous husband and awesome kids!! Good job looking after Cameron, Jas!! Oh, and Jas, Trevor missed seeing you on Sunday!