Thursday, April 3, 2008

children's museum




I can't believe that I forgot to post pics of our visit to the new Children's Museum in town. My dear friend Lisa had to move out of the area and so she gave our family the rest of her family's membership to the museum. We can go until November for free! The Children's Museum was created in the old firestation downtown. I can't believe we have something so great in Paso Robles. I've been loving the library and parks since we moved here in 05, now we have this! It houses Paso's first fire truck, completely refurbished and available for the kids to climb all over. The museum also includes a play area for toddlers, science stations, a "grape-crush" ball pit, a faux grocery store and pizza parlor, a dress-up area complete with stage, craft stations and the ball-cage thing. The ball-cage thing was the highlight of the day for the kids, especially Jason. It is a netted area with tubes and tunnels that use vacuum pressure to shoot balls across the room. It has a whole series of levers that allow the balls to take different paths through a mouse-trap type thing. Sorry for the lame description, just believe me when I say it's really cool! We'll definitely be back for more fun soon.

No comments: