Tuesday, May 6, 2008

home ec

I cranked out 12 red gingham aprons this morning for costumes for Jason's school spring program (attention grandparents: next Friday night, the 16th... be there!). As I was sewing I got to thinking about the home ec class my mom taught when I was in school. It was a very good class. I think I made a pair of shorts and several dozen scrunchies. I was also thinking about a modern home ec class and what kind of projects would be included: ipod or cell phone cozies to protect mom & dad's investments, converting old jeans to skinny jeans, and then back again when the style changes, converting a t-shirt to a layered tee by combining 2 shirts, thrift store challenges, etc. It could be fun. of course by the time I'm ready to head back to the classroom all these ideas would be lame. I better stick to costumes.

3 comments:

Sallie said...

You should brush up on your scrunci making. I'm sure Cams would love a few scruncis to wear and Jason would love to shoot them all over the house!

Thanks - it was a good (and fun) class!

Mom

Jill Hewston said...

hey jen i loved making the scrunci in home ec your mom was the best teacher. we should make cam and megan 80's outfits and do a photo shoot:) scrunci and all

Sallie said...

I see next year's Halloween costumes on the horizon!!! Don't forget the "Big Hair".

Mom